Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A few days off

Red Lily, 9x12" oil on board,  $300  (after the show) with gold frame.
I tried to channel Richard Smidt with the background strokes.
Photo taken on a sunny morning in my garden,
I really tried to get the feeling of sun coming from the left.
I had a few rest days, more or less, and tried to get caught up on my sleep.

I really have to get organized again, paintings are everywhere in my house.  I picked up my paintings, and other people's paintings as well, and closed down the portrait show at the library.  Now close to 20 people will be coming to my house to pick up their paintings. If spring really does arrive, spring cleaning will be a focus for me, not to mention the yard work!

I had a nice dinner with my son for his birthday.  I've been feeling like a regular person these few days doing regular people things.  I'm leary about a lot of things that are coming up that will be separating me from the time I need to paint.  I should be thankful (which I am) for the quiet times I've had this week.

Next thing
I'll be getting back to the 'door' painting as soon as I can clear the path to the studio door!

Above painting
I'm happy that one of my paintings has been juried into the 18th Annual Regional Juried Show.  I would think that they would indicate which region they are talking about--it's the Northeast Region I would imagine, unless they mean the eastern part of Massachusetts region?  Who knows?






No comments:

Post a Comment