Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring Fever

Thankfully, Spring has arrived, but now I feel like a lazy person and want to take a little time off to enjoy the weather without the pressure of painting (painting guilt).  I have tons of paintings to do and I really feel the pressure, so I need to relax.  I'll do a little yard work, and who knows, maybe I'll paint later.
I've been sketching this week, getting geared up to do a Boston City Scene for Carol's latest challenge to paint a busy city scene.  I took this photo a few weeks ago, and I like it, but the drawback for me is that it's not colorful.  I have to do something else with it to make it interesting or exciting.  It was taken on a rainy day.  I have some ideas about how to start it in a new way using acrylic underpainting in an abstract way.  I won't be able to spend a lot of time on it because I'm so excited about spring and pretty colors and getting ready for a workshop I'm taking in upper state NY next month with Lori Putnum.  I'm making a new glass palette just for plein air colors, and in particular, her suggested palette.
Yesterday I spent hours with Carol Pike going over our plans for our Italy painting trip in September and the itinerary for the last few days where we are leaving the group and going to Sorrento and Capri.

No comments:

Post a Comment